Lakeside Beach & Emerald Bay, South Lake Tahoe


I'm kind of sorry for the picture overload. But who am I kidding? I'm not really. Be prepared for a mini-series on South Lake Tahoe.

We had a fabulous extended weekend getaway in South Lake Tahoe. We booked our cabin through HomeAway.com (link will take you to the cabin we booked).  I didn't get any shots of our cabin, oops. But who has time to take pictures of where they sleep? The cabin served it's purpose, but I wouldn't book it again if/when we return to Tahoe. It was centrally located (about 5 minute drive to anything we needed), but it has its quirks.

The first night, my cousin, his wife and kids, my mom and I were the only ones at the cabin. By the time we got to the cabin, did some grocery shopping etc. no one wanted to cook so we went out. We ate at MacDuff's Pub; it's the same place my friend Kara had her rehearsal dinner last September. Their food is delicious - I had the Mean Green Machine pizza last year and this time the Triple B burger. I recommend both!

With 8 adults and 2 toddlers, we needed activities that the kids could also do and the adults would be able to enjoy. My parents brought their boat up and the guys could go out on the lake and fish while the ladies and kids played on the beach. Later in the day, the guys would pick us up and we'd drive around the lake.

The boat launch at Lakeside Beach was one of the only ramps still open since the water level is so low. The launch fee is $25 in and out ($50 total). Before that you need to take your boat to one of the inspection sites (it was a $55 fee, I believe) and they put a tag on your boat & trailer. When you launch, the attendant removes the tag and places a new one on the trailer when you pull the boat out of the water. If you forget your tag, you have to go get a new inspection.

There is a $5/person charge to access the Lakeside Beach (4081 Lakeshore Blvd), but somehow we managed to not have to pay it each time we went. Score! Baby E was obsessed with blowing bubbles. It was adorable when he'd try to blow bubbles himself, because he'd suck in as much air as possible to try his hardest and only maybe get 1 bubble.

Somehow on the first day, we ended up putting the cooler with snacks and juice on the boat and us girls ended up with the cooler with beer and soda for the guys. We grabbed hot dogs and chips at the Lakeside Beach House. It was great to have an option next to the beach, but it is pricey. Two hot dogs with chips cost $20.

When we went out onto the lake later the first day, my dad drove us to Emerald Bay. Emerald Bay is a national park on the western coast of Lake Tahoe. We beached the boat and waded in the water for a while. The next day we went up the eastern coast and got to see some of the huge villas on the water (if only I had that kind of money, I'd have one too!), you'll see some pictures this weekend of this huge homes.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top