Getting to know my Nikon

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. I spent mine with the dogs outside and getting familiarized with my new Nikon (I've only used Olympus or Canon before). I still need to pick up a 35mm lens (I have a 18-55mm and a 55-200mm), so I'll get around to that eventually.

I hope you don't dislike dogs...because there's an overload of my 2 pups coming (if you happen to love dogs/animals, mine have an Instagram silasandzoe). They were my test subjects as I learned the functionality of the Nikon.

And if anyone has some tips on preserving our grass during a drought, please give me some advice! We are only allowed to water 2 days a week right now, and since it has been so warm, our grass is not too happy about it. It's getting brown and patchy. We're hoping once it cools off, it'll go a nice lush green again.

That left picture perfectly depicts their relationship...Zoe just wants to relax and is being pestered by Silas. Zoe's favorite spot in the house is on top of the under window bench in the living room (right), she lays there and plays Neighborhood Watch.

My brother picked up one of those plastic kiddie pools for his dogs and got an extra for mine. It's a perfect way to help keep the pups cool while they're outside in the heat. They like to splash in the pool and go after an orange ring toy in the water.

Silas was barking in the last picture. He wanted the orange ring back.

I've also been learning how to use Corel Paint Shop Pro... anyone familiar with it? I'm pretty savvy in Photoshop, so Corel is new to me (I've used Corel Draw X7 before as well). Thus far, I'm preferring the Photoshop interface, but maybe with time I'll grow to love Paint Shop Pro.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top